The Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) and the University of Strasbourg (UNISTRA) will organize an international symposium to mark the launch of two new initiatives:
> The new “HFSP Frontier Workshop” series to engage with leading scientists and decision-makers in science and policy to enhance cross-disciplinary research;
> The new “Centre for Frontier Science” on the campus of the University of Strasbourg fosters the exchange, training, and collaboration of young scientists across disciplinary boundaries that link biology with other research fields.
This International Symposium will allow participants worldwide to learn from established scientists with an outstanding record of cross-disciplinary collaborations. Participants will be encouraged to share their own experiences about working across disciplines. The symposium aims to document a set of proven strategies for nucleating and sustaining interdisciplinary collaborations.
Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline
15 March 2024
The symposium will be organized in tandem talks. Researchers are encouraged to submit their research in pairs, introducing the work both researchers developed in collaboration. For researchers who seek a tandem partner, they should submit the abstract individually. The selection committee will then match the duos for the talks in tandem.
The application will follow a two-step procedure.
Overall, we ask that the proposed partnership be outlined as explicitly as possible, with solid arguments to explain scientific synergies.
Applications should be submitted through the following platforms:
30 April 2024
In person, symposium registration fee includes the following:
- Attendance at all sessions in the Program
- Coffee breaks and lunches during the Symposium
- Welcome reception for in person attendance delegates
- Conference dinner
- Registration fees do not include accommodation, visa costs, or airport transfers.
- Registration can only be confirmed once payment is received.
- For any registration queries, please get in touch with the registration manager: Liliana Gonçalves at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment can be made by credit card.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations received until 29 of April will qualify for a refund, subject to a 10,00€ cancellation charge:
- Cancellations made before 30 days of the conference are eligible for a full refund, (date: 13 April)
- Cancellations made within 30-14 days of the conference are eligible for a 50% payment refund (date: 29 April)
- Cancellations made within 14 days of the conference are not eligible for a refund.
To cancel your participation and ask for a refund please visit your personal page and follow the instructions.
Note: The organizers will not be responsible for identifying funds if the delegate’s details or billing reference information are not mentioned. The payment for refunds may take some days to be visible in your bank account.